Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Revlon Lip Butters

Revlon Lip Butters

According to the website:
-Buttery Balm + Shiny Color
-Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated.

- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine
- Available in 20 luscious shades



9-5: Beauty for Everyone Review

1. Affordable: Yes (under $10)
2. Easily Available: Yes
3. Effortless Application: Yes
4. Wearable: Yes
Overall Beauty For Everyone Rating: 4 out of 4

1. Affordable: Absolutely! Target has them for around $6.50 and CVS has them for $7.50 but frequently has them as buy 1 get 1 50% off.

2. Easily Available: I bought one every time I entered CVS. Now that they are available at Target, they are even easier to find. They are wildly popular right now, so a few colors may be sold out. Luckily they are all beautiful. I have purchased these 5 so far. Actually my husband bought me 2 of them for Christmas!


3. Effortless Application: It has way more pigment than you would expect from a lipstick like this. It goes on super smooth, and is rich and creamy. I like that I can put it on straight from the tube, no lip liner, no prepping. It has a lot of color, but at the same time is somewhat sheer. If you are not used to wearing lipstick, or are just trying to upgrade from your usual lip gloss or go to lip balm, give these a try.

4. Wearable: The colors are great! These butters pack a lot of color, but because of their somewhat glossy creamy texture, even the crazy looking ones like Tutti Frutti are totally wearable. Some of them have a slight iridescence, but nothing too sparkly. It is the first collection I have every wanted as a whole collection.

Overall 9-5 Rating: 4 out of 4 stars

There are tons of swatches of these all over the place. Karla Sugar has them all swatched here. But personally I like to see them on people, so here they are on me.

In Tutti Frutti (015): A really nice kind of coral shade. Probably my favorite of the bunch.





















In Creme Brulee (095): A soft browny neutral with just enough shine. Try it with a little more color in the rest of the face.





















In Berry Smoothie (050): A soft pink with a hint of gold.





















In Sugar Plum (095): A slightly deeper pink with purple undertones.

1 comment:

  1. des r my fev too..:).hav look at my blog nd follow me bak if u lyk

    http://wonted-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete