Thursday, January 5, 2012

Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub

Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub


From the Website:
Infused with refreshing Sweet Orange and Grapefruit Oils, this facial scrub removes dirt, oil and makeup. Formulated with Ground Almonds, Oats and Pecans to gently exfoliate while Sweet Almond Oil and Glycerin help moisturize your skin. It’s something to celebrate!

-Helps removes dirt, oil and make-up with a blend of Sweet Orange and Grapefruit Oils
-Exfoliates gently with Ground Almonds, Oats and Pecans
-Helps moisturize skin with Sweet Almond Oil and Glycerin

9-5: Beauty For Everyone Review
1. Affordable: Yes (Under 10)
2. Easily Available: Yes (Target)
3. Effortless Application: Yes
4. Wearable: Yes
Overall Beauty for Everyone Rating: 4 out of 4 stars

1. Affordable: For under 10, it is a steal. It runs about $7 and can last up to 6 months if you use it as a once a week exfoliator. I use it everyday, and it still lasts about 2 months.

2. Easily Available: I wish it was also at CVS or Walgreens, but Target is just as easy to get to.

3. Effortless Application: Take a small dab, slightly larger than pea size and add a drop or two of water. Rub into the skin, gently exfoliating and revealing fresh, glowing, beautiful skin. And since it is natural, I even use a little to exfoliate my lips as well. Rinse off and you are done. I definitely prefer doing this at night instead of the morning, since rubbing can make my face just a little red. And my skin still feels oh so soft the next morning. I love the smell and texture, kind of like a holiday spiced oatmeal. It's like health food for your skin.


4. Wearable: I love doing this every night, and even look forward to washing my face. My skin feels supple and soft, but not greasy. It doesn't leave behind any residue and is the only thing that has ever gotten rid of my blackheads.

See, squeaky clean!

And so good I bought it twice!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Violet - did you ever use something harsher to wash your face? I use proactiv now but would love to go off it, and I'm not sure what to try, but the fact that it got rid of blackheads is great!
    -Biff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think proactive is really harsh, I hear that from everyone who uses it. I tend to avoid anything with heavy chemicals, so this is as "harsh" as I go. I really like the "Say Yes" line at Target, particularly Yes to Carrots. It isn't harsh or even soapy, it is milky instead without being greasy.

    ReplyDelete