Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trip to Philly and Browsing Magazines

I took a few days off to attend a friend's wedding in Philadelphia. The bride was beautiful as always, and it was amazing getting to see old college friends. The humidity was not nearly as bad as I anticipated, but still worse than I would have liked. Living in LA, I very rarely have to worry about the humidity so my personal makeup choices generally don't take humidity into account. However, I would like to find a few new products that can withstand the heat, especially heat from professional lights. Bright lights don't really make things humid, but they sure do make it hot and sweaty. "How to avoid the makeup melt" will now be adding to my makeup curriculum.

On our flight home, I had a chance to browse through the September issue of Glamour. I flipped through with new eyes this time. I wasn't looking for clothes I can't afford or even a standard of beauty I couldn't personally achieve. I was looking for makeup trends and looks to try. I flipped through slowly, evaluating each face and paying particular attention to highlighting and contouring. I was looking at blush placement and color combination. I dog-eared my favorite looks, some bold and some very natural, like this beautiful coral lip on Selena Gomez.



(Glamour.com)

I never once felt envious, only creative and excited to get home and get started. Good thing I already have this little guy (NP gloss in Tangerine Slice). Now I just need a nice coral lipstick to go on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment